Autor Thema: Maniac Mansion in HELL (Literally)  (Gelesen 1086 mal)

Walmaker

• kleiner Tentakelsaugknopf
    • Profil anzeigen
Maniac Mansion in HELL (Literally)
« am: 14. Juni 2024, 19:35:40 »
A somewhat alternative timeline where during the events of MM, the mansion blew up and sent the kids, tentacles and the entire Edison family down to hell (along with the mansion, of course). The Edison's were tormented and the entire mansion was rebuilt into a creepy fun house where the imps wreck the place while the Edison's watch in horror. The goal, as one of the kids, is to go back in time and prevent the explosion from happening in the first place, saving the Edison's and Sandy once and for all.

Special guest: Satan as himself, who is a tired, overly worked wash out who regrets his life choices.

It's going to be in the style of DotT (probably) but with different character designs to NotM because it's pretty much my own take on them.

Any feedback or ideas are welcome.

Eine etwas alternative Zeitlinie, in der während der Ereignisse von MM die Villa explodierte und die Kinder, Tentakeln und die gesamte Edison-Familie in die Hölle schickte (zusammen mit der Villa, natürlich). Die Edisons wurden gequält und die gesamte Villa wurde in ein gruseliges Spaßhaus umgebaut, wo die Kobolde den Ort verwüsten, während die Edisons entsetzt zuschauen. Das Ziel als eines der Kinder ist es, in der Zeit zurückzureisen und die Explosion von vornherein zu verhindern, um die Edisons und Sandy ein für alle Mal zu retten.

Besonderer Gast: Satan als er selbst, ein müder, überarbeiteter Versager, der seine Lebensentscheidungen bereut.

Es wird im Stil von DotT (wahrscheinlich) sein, aber mit anderen Charakterdesigns als NotM, weil es so ziemlich meine eigene Interpretation davon ist.

Feedback oder Ideen sind willkommen.
« Letzte Änderung: 14. Juni 2024, 19:56:19 von Walmaker »

Bòógieman

• International anerkannter Superheld
  • Globaler Moderator
  • alter Tentakel
  • Grün Tentakel = Running Sushi!
    • Profil anzeigen
Re: Maniac Mansion in HELL (Literally)
« Antwort #1 am: 15. Juni 2024, 12:28:58 »
I like your story idea  ;D
This basically removes the influence of DotT after MM completely and you are free to do whatever you want with the mansion and the characters  8)
You could still use the DotT story parts from the past timeline, but I see no reason why characters like Red, Jed, Ned, ... should end up in hell  :cl
There is also no reason for the kids and Sandy to go to hell. Only Syd/Razor if he/she has put the hamster in the microwave...  ;)
Yeah, maybe they are arguing with Satan why they are in hell and he tells them that breaking in and stealing is a sin, regardless the circumstances.  :police:
And since everything blew up, the meteor has no control over Fred anymore. So you could use the Edisons as playable character or at least as helpful NPCs.
Maybe you even start as Fred and the first task is to free some helpers (Edna, Ed) from torture to build up your team before Fred invents another time machine...
And then there is the question about what to prevent. The reason for the explosion? The meteor from taking control in the first place?

I would say go for it! It might take you 15 years to create like NotM, but it is worth it  8)
« Letzte Änderung: 15. Juni 2024, 13:20:52 von Bòógieman »
Schlachtaman Vibrations, UHYEAH!!!

>>>> Ende der Kommunikation <<<<

Walmaker

• kleiner Tentakelsaugknopf
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #2 am: 15. Juni 2024, 14:36:47 »
Actually, it's just a short, linear episode ever since it's my first one and I don't have that much experience with designing a point n' click but I will try.

Having ancestors of the Edison family actually sound like a cool idea, maybe even ancestors from different time periods than the colonial era Hoagie was trapped in. The ending though, I think I would probably replace it with something else just in case I accidentally write a harry potter plot hole. Maybe Dr. Fred can use whatever tech he has left to bring the entire house with everyone inside back to the surface.

alphawolf300

• Teenie Tentakel
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #3 am: 15. Juni 2024, 19:14:44 »
That would be great! And if you have any trouble with coding, feel free to ask.