Autor Thema: Maniac Mansion - Day of the Tentacle continuity  (Gelesen 277 mal)

Walmaker

• kleiner Tentakelsaugknopf
    • Profil anzeigen
Maniac Mansion - Day of the Tentacle continuity
« am: 08. Juni 2024, 18:09:19 »
To be honest, this has kinda bugged me for a while and I decided to make a small theory if the mansion from Maniac Mansion and the mansion from Day of the Tentacle are two different buildings. Think about it, if the same building was an inn 200 years ago with the same interior design as the present building then how can it be different than the one in Maniac Mansion?

Eh, I just like to think it's two different buildings just to make more sense, y'know? I mean, if you have your reasons and beliefs, that's fine.

Ehrlich gesagt hat mich das schon eine Weile geärgert und ich habe beschlossen, eine kleine Theorie aufzustellen, ob das Herrenhaus aus Maniac Mansion und das Herrenhaus aus Day of the Tentacle zwei verschiedene Gebäude sind. Überlegen Sie mal, wenn dasselbe Gebäude vor 200 Jahren ein Gasthaus mit der gleichen Inneneinrichtung wie das heutige Gebäude war, wie kann es dann anders sein als das in Maniac Mansion?

Eh, ich stelle mir einfach gerne vor, dass es zwei verschiedene Gebäude sind, damit es mehr Sinn ergibt, wissen Sie? Ich meine, wenn Sie Ihre Gründe und Überzeugungen haben, ist das in Ordnung.

alphawolf300

• kleiner Tentakel
    • Profil anzeigen
Re: Maniac Mansion - Day of the Tentacle continuity
« Antwort #1 am: 11. Juni 2024, 13:22:34 »
I don't think the developers thought much about that. They wanted to create a different game with the same characters.
In the end Bernard was the only one of the kids in Maniac Mansion that took part in DOTT.
The DOTT-Mansion has been created from scratch and I believe they didn't even had a look at Maniac Mansion.
So - yes - the Mansion seems to be a different one. But Bernard said they have to go "BACK to the Mansion". So it can't be a different.
My advice: don't think too much about it - the developers didn't as well. ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Juni 2024, 15:36:35 von alphawolf300 »

Walmaker

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #2 am: 11. Juni 2024, 15:30:23 »
Eh, alright. If anybody asks why they're different, I'll just say that they sold almost everything and had to do a hell of a lot of renovations with the money.

alphawolf300

• kleiner Tentakel
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #3 am: 11. Juni 2024, 15:45:17 »
Then they renovated twice. 200 years ago there was the DOTT Mansion, which was rebuilt for MM - and then everything was rebuilt again. Maybe it was the slimy meteor's idea to change the house (and the surroundings) ;)

Walmaker

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #4 am: 11. Juni 2024, 17:30:13 »
Yeah, this is way too confusing.