Autor Thema: TF2 Spy in DotT style (because why not) / TF2 Spy im DotT-Stil (warum auch nicht  (Gelesen 314 mal)

Walmaker

• kleiner Tentakelsaugknopf
    • Profil anzeigen
For fun. I also made a hand-drawn reference before redrawing it in pixel art. It's honestly better than the one from 2020 which is a trace over of Syd from NotM (with the wrong colour palette).

Zum Spaß. Ich habe auch eine handgezeichnete Referenz erstellt, bevor ich sie in Pixelkunst neu gezeichnet habe. Es ist ehrlich gesagt besser als das von 2020, das eine Nachzeichnung von Sid aus NorM ist (mit der falschen Farbpalette).
« Letzte Änderung: 04. Juni 2024, 22:56:31 von Walmaker »

alphawolf300

• kleiner Tentakel
    • Profil anzeigen
That's amazing. To be honest, even though I like the pixel style, I don't really need it. I'm a huge fan of hand-drawn graphics and I wouldn't mind if someone released a game where you could see that everything was drawn with colored pencils (both backgrounds and characters). So I would be interested in the hand-drawn version as well.

Walmaker

• Profil anzeigen
Yeah, to be honest, the hand-drawn reference has really thick outines and is just line art. And yeah, seeing a game being hand-drawn, like Cuphead for example, does give off a more authentic charm. Y'know, I honestly wish there was a new point n' click game with the art style heavily inspired by the hand-drawn LucasArts games like Day of the Tentacle and Full Throttle with hand-drawn animation with today's modern technology.

Ja, um ehrlich zu sein, die handgezeichnete Referenz hat wirklich dicke Umrisse und ist nur Strichzeichnung. Und ja, ein Spiel, das handgezeichnet ist, wie zum Beispiel Cuphead, hat einen authentischeren Charme. Weißt du, ich wünschte wirklich, es gäbe ein neues Point-and-Click-Spiel, dessen Kunststil stark von den handgezeichneten LucasArts-Spielen wie Day of the Tentacle und Full Throttle inspiriert ist, mit handgezeichneten Animationen und der modernen Technologie von heute.

alphawolf300

• kleiner Tentakel
    • Profil anzeigen
"Justin Wack and the Big Time Hack" or "Nine Noir Lives" comes close to that what you mean, I think.

If you see the concept arts from Monkey Island 2 in 1991 - Thats the perfect thing to me.
https://mixnmojo.com/media/galleries/Monkey-Island-2-LeChucks-Revenge-Concept-Art
I don't need any filter that makes the backgrounds less hand drawn. And I would do this for the characters as well. Unfortunately, my drawing skills are really bad ...

Walmaker

• Profil anzeigen
To be honest, I can make a HQ background but A: it would be a lot harder to do and B: there will be a lot of tangents and tiny errors that often become hidden when I convert the image to pixel art with bilinear scaling.

I did have an idea of a new adventure game with the art style of the LucasArts games like DotT because it's appealing but hard to mimic. When people try to mimic the style of DotT, they either use the wrong colours and values, miss the hand-drawn part, and even steal sprites from the original games (which is why I hate "There is no game", Night of the Meteor is fine because it's a fangame but There is no game is a pay-to-play game with traced sprites of Bernard's walk cycle). Not only that but they use too many colours as well as making the values too weak to be taken as a LucasArts styled background.

It's like how most people attempt the style of rubber hose Vs the animators of Cuphead who actually studied 1930s cartoons to get it as close as possible. It's similar to this.

I understand if they don't have the technology nor do they have any proper experience with art.

Ehrlich gesagt kann ich einen HQ-Hintergrund erstellen, aber A: das wäre viel schwieriger und B: es würde viele Abschweifungen und kleine Fehler geben, die oft verborgen bleiben, wenn ich das Bild in Pixelkunst mit bilinearer Skalierung umwandle.

Ich hatte eine Idee für ein neues Abenteuerspiel im Kunststil der LucasArts-Spiele wie DotT, weil es ansprechend, aber schwer zu imitieren ist. Wenn Leute versuchen, den Stil von DotT zu imitieren, verwenden sie entweder die falschen Farben und Werte, übersehen den handgezeichneten Teil und stehlen sogar Sprites aus den Originalspielen (weshalb ich „There is no game“ hasse, Night of the Meteor ist in Ordnung, weil es ein Fangame ist, aber There is no game ist ein Pay-to-Play-Spiel mit nachgezeichneten Sprites von Bernards Gehzyklus). Nicht nur das, sie verwenden auch zu viele Farben und machen die Werte zu schwach, um als Hintergrund im LucasArts-Stil zu gelten.

Es ist so, wie die meisten Leute versuchen, den Stil von Gummischläuchen zu imitieren, während die Animatoren von Cuphead tatsächlich Zeichentrickfilme aus den 1930ern studiert haben, um so nah wie möglich heranzukommen. Es ist so ähnlich.

Ich verstehe, wenn sie weder die Technologie haben noch über die nötige künstlerische Erfahrung verfügen.

alphawolf300

• kleiner Tentakel
    • Profil anzeigen
Yes, I noticed that the pixel style forgives much.

I didn't know that "there is no game" uses 'stolen' assets. The game itself is great - no idea why someone should do that. But I didn't see that it wanted to refer to a lucas arts adventure. In my opinion it could be any adventure game.

I'm happy with every of your DOTT style assets. When there are less projects in my pipeline I will try to develop a game with them (if I'm allowed to).

Walmaker

• Profil anzeigen
Thanks, and sure, you can use them if you like, just mention me in the credits and it's all yours.