Autor Thema: I can't wait to play "I can't believe it's not Night of the Meteor but it's not"  (Gelesen 874 mal)

Walmaker

• kleiner Tentakelsaugknopf
    • Profil anzeigen
Just a personal MM in DotT mock-up I did, I even redesigned Dave to fit with the cartoony world of DotT more. What do you think?
« Letzte Änderung: 29. Juli 2024, 14:05:15 von Walmaker »

Cmdr

• volljähriger Tentakel
    • Profil anzeigen
Honestly, I don't like Dave's look.
Imho he looks too old. His face should be less edgy but more like the face of a teenager.

His body also should be less muscular. Yes, he's a sportsman, but still no bodybuilder.
This character also reminds me a bit of a bouncer, which I don't associate with Dave.
« Letzte Änderung: 29. Juli 2024, 12:02:13 von Cmdr »

Walmaker

• Profil anzeigen
Hmm... Good point but I'm not really sure what else to base off other than the jock trope. Besides, the whole point of the designs for Day of the Tentacle are to be cartoonishly exaggerated.

I think I need to do some rough sketches to see what I can do. I'm still keeping some traits from this design though.

Thanks for the feedback.

Walmaker

• Profil anzeigen
Okay, how about this design?

Cmdr

• volljähriger Tentakel
    • Profil anzeigen
Hmm, better.
But why is he so grimmy? Maybe let him smile like the one in the original graphics.
« Letzte Änderung: 29. Juli 2024, 13:39:19 von Cmdr »

Walmaker

• Profil anzeigen
Actually, I wanted to give him a different expression because none of the Day of the Tentacle characters follow the same rule, not even Bernard. I want my version of Dave to look different than the Maniac Mansion design or even the Night of the Meteor design so he'd stand out more. Even Bernard and Razor look different from their Maniac Mansion counterparts, Bernard doesn't have that big wrinkly forehead anymore but has a bowtie.

I can change his expression but it has to be more neutral like the three kids of DotT because it will fit more with the current situation the character's in.

Walmaker

• Profil anzeigen
Anyway, here's the coloured version.

Cmdr

• volljähriger Tentakel
    • Profil anzeigen
Yeah, this one looks nice. Great work!   :)

Walmaker

• Profil anzeigen
I'm glad you like it and thanks for the feedback, it really helps.