Autor Thema: Redesigning Razor for DotT  (Gelesen 632 mal)

Walmaker

• kleiner Tentakelsaugknopf
    • Profil anzeigen
Redesigning Razor for DotT
« am: 14. Juni 2024, 20:41:29 »
Based on the unused concept art by Larry Ahern, I made this Razor design for future DotT styled projects. It's just a concept of her design so far but I'll redraw it, give it directions and maybe even animation if I'm that dedicated.

This isn't for NotM however since they already have a design for her, this is just my own take because if I'll be honest, the design for NotM is good in its own but for a DotT style, it's kind of unfitting and even bland in sone places bit that's just my opinion and it's Chris' game at the end of the day.

I'm gonna try and give more personality in her design, including her walk cycle... But the question is: how should she walk?
« Letzte Änderung: 15. Juni 2024, 17:44:53 von Walmaker »

alphawolf300

• Teenie Tentakel
    • Profil anzeigen
Re: Redesigning Razor for DotT
« Antwort #1 am: 15. Juni 2024, 10:45:51 »
This is really more the Razor I imagine (without wanting to criticize NotM's style, at the end of the day it's always a matter of taste). The NotM version seems quite old to me, as if she were Razor's mother.
I don't really like the grim expression in your version, Razor seems quite dissatisfied. I would have made the nose smaller and the hands very large.
I would give Razor a confident and cool walking animation. It would also be cool if she always carried her electric guitar around on her back.

Walmaker

• kleiner Tentakelsaugknopf
    • Profil anzeigen
Re: Redesigning Razor for DotT
« Antwort #2 am: 15. Juni 2024, 18:06:08 »
Thanks for the response. The only reason I like to change her expression to be blank than smiling is because the trio in DotT have blank expressions in their idle animations to fit in the current situation, they usually only smile when walking. I just made a redesign that takes more from Larry Ahern's take on Razor, even with different clothes, which makes her look more punk-like to be honest. I could make another version of the redesign with her traditional black dress like in MM if people are more used to it.

Also, another critic of NotM's designs, ignore it if you want, but the character's silhouettes seem too similar to each other's (except for Bernard's) which is why I let Razor keep her Spiky hair from Larry Ahern's design so she'd stand out more. I did some redesigns of the MM kids a while ago to be more cartoonishly exaggerated like Bernard, some I like, some I wasn't so sure of. Maybe I can take inspiration from Moonglow and Chester if I redesign them again.

I'll have a think about the confident walk animation, try to add some small details like toughness and exaggerate it. Maybe I can add the guitar.

Thanks for the response.
« Letzte Änderung: 15. Juni 2024, 18:06:49 von Walmaker »